The City of Delphos selected Wilson & Company to develop an engineering study for water system improvements in accordance with Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and United States Department of Agriculture – Rural Development (USDA) guidelines. The study included evaluation, preliminary layout, cost estimates, and rate analysis for well improvements and improvements to the entire water distribution system. The report was utilized to apply for USDA funding.
Wilson & Company proceeded with final design for the proposed improvements consisting of:
- Replacement and/or addition of approximately 12,000 LF of 8-inch water line
- 3,000 LF of 6-inch water line
- 20,000 LF of 4-inch water line, approximately 70 valves, 15 fire hydrants, and 210 service connections
- Improvements to three water supply wells, bulk water load-out and additional directional drilling of waterlines and services, and addition of an Automatic Meter Reading (AMR) system
- Other engineering services included permitting, bidding, and construction-related services