The total project budget is estimated at over $40M including right of way costs and consisted of widening the roadway from two undivided lanes to four divided lanes with room for expansion to six lanes in the future, and extensive right of way acquisition.
Our construction management team was tasked with overseeing construction, along with ensuring the project was compliant with FHWA/NMDOT requirements for the Federal Equity Bonus and Surface Transportation Enhancements (TPU) funding granted to the project.
In addition to design and construction management, Wilson & Company was tasked with:
- Conducting public meetings and addressing comments
- Completing right of way maps for NMDOT approval
- Obtaining 404 permits through the US Army Corps of Engineers
- Preparing a TIGER Grant application for necessary funding
The project included:
- Major storm drain and detention pond improvements
- Curb and gutter
- Bike lanes
- Signalization of two major intersections